Tuesday 27 March 2012

Baby quilt fabric selection

Ok so I said I'd hopefully be back in a few days with some finished quilts. I'm still working on those (really, I am!) but I got little distracted looking at fabric. I find every couple of days I start pulling out a bundle of fabrics, not necessarily with a project in mind, but just for the sheer joy of it :o)

I did actually have a reason for it today - my best friend is currently pregnant with baby number 5. And I really want to make her a quilt. They aren't finding out whether it's a boy or girl so it needs to be something fairly gender neutral (although she's not really a pink person anyway, so even if I knew it was a girl quilt, I would probably go for non-pink fabrics...) I've been admiring my small bundle of Meet the Gang for ages, and I thought I'd have a play with putting some other fabrics with it and see what I could come up with.


I'm really not sure which of these I'll actually use (probably not all the greens - I'll probably whittle them down to 2 or 3) I love how well the Lizzy House jewels coordinate with Meet the Gang (honestly, the could be from the same collection, don't you think?) I will probably add in some more grey/neutrals too. I'm thinking an improv square in a square style quilt - I haven't done improv for ages, and I'm itching to make something relatively quick and simple...

Baby is due at the end of May, so I'm thinking I'll probably make this one next, before I start on the Retro Flowers... sorry just thinking aloud here ;o)

xx Jess

7 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love the colours....a lot of green but that probably keeps it gender neutral!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilts will look fabulous. These fabrics are delicious!

Kelly said...

Great fabric picks! I like all the green in there :)

Quilting In The Cold said...

Lovely stacks of fabric, great choices

Cherie said...

Love those fabrics! All such summery colours! =D

Rosa said...

Gorgeous fabrics.I love green,is my fav color!

Danny Heyen said...

Mmmmm! I'm loving all those fabrics together. I used to have some of that "name" fabric so I know how pretty blue that is!