Thursday 1 December 2011

Decision, decisions...

I spend the last couple of hours sorting out my fabric stash (into colour groups) and trying to pick out some fabric to make my Summer Sampler  quilt from - and I just can't narrow it down enough - so I'm left with:


Goldenrod/yellow/orange group (yes I am finally going to use some of my Echo!) - Echo, some Oliver & S, Silent Cinema and a few Kona solids


Greys - lots of Echo, Saffron Craig, Kona greys, Metro Living


Blues - DSQ, metro living and tea garden print (I think?) - plus some tufted tweets in blue and possibly some Saffron Craig bird tree


Greens - DSQ, tufted tweets, metro living, pearl bracelet and african leaves

Not sure if I'll use some or all of these yet - I will just make each block and see how it goes! I'm going to use medium grey as my background I think...

I think at the same time as I'm doing the Summer Sampler I am going to start my Japanese sampler quilt (I will be posting tutorials as I go for these - starting easy and working my way up to some more tricky blocks). I'll be using some of the same fabrics, but only in grey and goldenrod with a few bursts of aqua.

Can't wait to start! Just want to finish off my Charmed prints QAL quilt first and then I'll be into it :)

happy stitching, 
Jess

2 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Yummy fabrics! Look forward to watching the progress. :)

jacksmith said...

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
vidmate.onl/
ViaMichelin
https://showbox.run/