Tuesday 29 November 2011

Children at Play Modern Quilt (and pillowcase!)

If you follow my blog you may recall my previous post where I had made a bunch of blocks using Children at Play... well I thought long and hard about what to do with them (I had 27 in all, each measuring about 12 1/2" square) and decided to make two quilts (one cot sized and one slightly larger). I finished the larger one last night.


I haven't FMQ-ed anything for a while and I had forgotten how much fun it is! I'm hoping to get the baby sized one and my three doll quilts finished in the next few days now that I'm on a roll. And I'm already thinking ahead to my next project (or three... why is it that I can't finish things without planning my next projects?)

And because I had some of the GORGEOUS Children on Parade (and lots of scraps of other bits) I made a matching pillowcase (using this tutorial). I think this will become a regular thing - it came together really quickly and worked really well - and I even did French seams!!!


I'm linking up to {Sew} modern monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations :)

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

3 comments:

Clover said...

This is a great quilt and pillowcase. I have been hoarding my collection of this fabric and just havent made up my mind on what to do yet.

Anonymous said...

Well done on your French seams, I'm just taking a break from machine sewing a lot of drawstring bags to use as gift bags using French seams for al of the seams that would otherwise be visible inside.

Millie said...

Your Children at Play quilt is beautiful. Love the soft fabric and stipple quilting.